What is a foresight retreat?
SOIF retreats are a unique combination of capacity building, networking and coalition building, and conference.
Every retreat is designed to provide training in how to use strategic foresight to impact decision-making, an understanding of what is needed to use foresight effectively in institutions, and hands-on practice on a live challenge – a real foresight challenge set by you or a guest organisation.
Retreats can be tailored to be run exclusively for your organisation, or commissioned to focus on a specific issue or region.
Or if you would like to earn how to use strategic foresight in the company of like-minded leaders, analysts, experts and policy makers from around the world then join our flagship retreat this August. More than 16 nationalities typically attend each retreat from every continent.
What you get
- A systematic approach to understanding global challenges through foresight
- Training in a range of foresight tools, including drivers of change and scenario development
- Hands-on practice of techniques, with interventions from practitioners and leaders who have successfully put techniques into practice
- Lectures, keynote and panel discussions on the use of foresight in policy-making
- Practical experience working through a Live challenge
Curious what to expect? Watch our video or download a sample programme
The School of International Futures offers high-quality presenters, varied and robust methodologies, and an opportunity to network with other futures practitioners from around the globe.Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand