We are looking for a temporary Personal Assistant/Administrator to cover our current PA’s absence from the 8th of April until the 17th of June 2018. The role will offer scope for continued work beyond the sabbatical period for the right candidate.
School of International Futures (SOIF) is a young, dynamic, not-for-profit organisation expanding quickly, focused on making the world a better place in the future. SOIF exists to help you and your organisation navigate uncertainty and make resilient and better decisions in an increasingly uncertain and complex world.
At SOIF, we are passionate about we do. Therefore, we are looking for an energetic and highly organised administrator to support our work with international governments, NGOs and businesses to create better futures. We will expect you to work remotely with scope to define your working hours.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and organisational support tasks and able to work independently. You must be reliable, efficient, process driven, well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenge of supporting a small, fast moving and growing team in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure.
SOIF’s Managing Director, Cat Tully
You will be providing SOIF’s Managing Director, Cat Tully, with administrative support, which includes:
- Diary Management – organising the Managing Director’s busy work diary, involving frequent overseas trips, juggling conflicting priorities and coordinating appointments across different time zones.
- Email Management of your own email account and providing back up support by monitoring the Managing Director’s email account, drafting email responses, proofreading, etc.
- Managing Overseas Visits. Responsibilities include travel research and bookings, accommodation bookings, arranging visit programmes.
- Finance. Creating invoices, managing expenses claims, monitoring bank accounts.
- Maintenance of Contacts’ Database. Accurate record keeping for new contacts, updating existing contacts and database searches for prospective meetings.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships with Colleagues and Clients. As a young and growing organisation, maintaining good relations across a busy team and with the company’s clients is key.
In addition, the following attributes are also desirable:
- Budget management experience – knowledge of Xero an advantage.
- Online file management – organising and managing document handling on the SOIF shared google drive.
- HR duties – management of report preparation, circulation, timely completion and recording.
- Self-starter, attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google docs/sheets and in possession of a computer/laptop equipped with the latest programs.
- Fluent English-speaker and excellent written English (additional languages a bonus).
- Excellent communication skills, including with senior stakeholders across the public and private sector.
- Good experience working in back-office functions.
If you are familiar with our work, are passionate about strategic foresight, are one of our alumni or have joined us at one of our events, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, if you know somebody who is the perfect candidate for the role, please share this blog.
Applicants to provide a CV and a covering letter that details carefully their skills against the requirements by the 8th March, to Kathleen@soif.org.uk. Interviews to take place the week after.
Salary between £12 – 16 per hour.