Paul is a forecaster with over two decades experience exploring the dynamics of large-scale, long-term change. He teaches forecasting at Stanford University and chairs the Future Studies and Forecasting track at Singularity University. Paul is also a non-resident Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council and a Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. Paul serves on a variety of not-for-profit boards including the Long Now Foundation, and the Bay Area Council Economic Institute. Paul’s essays have appeared in a wide range of publications including The Harvard Business Review, Fortune, Foreign Policy, Wired, The Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, The New York Times, and the Washington Post. Paul holds degrees from Harvard College, Cambridge University and Stanford University.
Affiliations (partial list)
- Consulting Associate Professor, Stanford University
- Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Stanford Media-X Research Network
- Board Member, Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Board Member, Long Now Foundation
- Fellow, Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences
- Faculty Member and Futures Track Chair, Singularity University
Stay in touch
Sign up for our latest news, thinking, retreats and more.